Swing dress: I picked this up in Italy, so here are a few dress I found available in the US. I love this one with the cross neck detail, I love this dress from Gap that comes in a few colors and this olive sweater dress. // Over the knee boot: Similar gray boot and I love this black boot. // Bomber jacket: H&M, but sadly it's no longer available in black. This black bomber is almost identical and is only $15! // Purse: Kate Spade // Watch: I picked this up at Nordstrom a while ago, but this watch and this watch are really similar. // Scarf: I bought mine in Italy, but I love this similar scarf for $26. // Lip color: Fresh beauty in 'Rose'
Everyone plans their trip a different way. Some choose a destination for the weather, others for the sightseeing and some go because of an event. I am someone who travels for food. After deciding on a destination, I plan the trip according to what restaurants I want to visit. Then I add in the sightseeing because you have to work up an appetite to go to the next place.
My most recent trip to Chicago was a mix of business and fun so it was bit of a whirlwind, but I packed in as many restaurants as I could. Though it was a bit of a challenge, I knew it was going to be fun. Here are the 7 best restaurants you must visit in Chicago...and bonus you can do it all in 36 hours!
1. 3 Arts Club Cafe: This is located in the Gold Coast neighborhood inside a Restoration Hardware. I always said the Restoration Hardware in Houston needed a rooftop bar, but I had no idea that some of them actually do have restaurants! (And of course it's all totally instagrammable...) The restaurant is in a covered courtyard area with beautiful chandeliers and a fountain in the middle. Though I just got a cheese plate, they also have a full menu. When you're there be sure to check out the rooftop views because they're amazing!
2. Eataly: I was so excited when I saw this because I thought the only location was in NYC. I'm so glad it's not because it's such a fun place to go! It's made up of different areas where you can get seafood, pasta, pizza and meat and cheese plates. The only difficult thing is deciding where you want to eat because there are so many choices.
3. La Storia: I knew I needed to check this place out because it was a 2017 Michelin recommended restaurant. Set up like a traditional Italian meal, everything is separate courses...and that means that for once the serving sizes are actually not crazy big! I tried the traditional spaghetti and meatballs, which was really full of flavor. My only problem was that the server wasn't the most attentive so we definitely had slow service.
4. Pizano's: When in Chicago you, must must must have a deep dish pizza! The famous pizza places are Giardino's and Lou Malnoti's, but the wait kept me from getting in this time. So I decided to give Pizano's a try and it didn't disappoint. I kept to the basics and ordered their version of a margherita pizza. It was flavorful, but definitely very filling. Just be prepared to wait because they take about 45 minutes to cook.
5. Sugar Factory: If you have any kind of a sweet tooth, this is a place you have to try. Made famous by their"Couture Pops" (aka designer lollipops), this restaurant, bar and candy shop is quite the place. Make sure you try one of their goblet cocktails or their insane milkshakes...yes these really are insane confections but they are worth trying once.
6. The Boarding House: Greeted by a ceiling covered with champagne glasses and wine bottles, this restaurant and bar are where wine lovers go. The bottom floor is the wine bar area where you can get light bites and the actual restaurant is on the third floor and overlooks the neighborhood.
7. Tavern on Rush: Even though they're known for their steaks and seafood, I decided to check this place out for brunch. Since I was doing this one solo, I made the executive decision to over order so that I could try something sweet and something savory. The omelette was delicious and there's nothing more comforting than a chocolate chip pancake. The Bloody Mary's were definitely a sight to see, so give them a try if you like them. Just as a note, I highly recommend reservations no matter what time you go because it's a hopping place.
Have you been to any of these places? What did you think?
I'm already planning my list of restaurants to try next time, so feel free to leave your suggestions in the comments below.